Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yesterday's musing today

I didn't post my thoughts yesterday because I was in a food coma.  And the only thought that preoccupied my mind was all about my baked potato.  My husband and I went out to dinner and I had steak and a baked potato.  And my thought was, "Why do most restaurants serve your potato with a giant plop of butter on one side and a giant plop of sour cream on the other?"  I know, trivial mindless drivel.  But it really bothers me each time.  Do they actually think I only want butter on half of my potato and that I want my sour cream to melt away on the other half?  IMO, the smart way to prepare one's potato would be to layer some butter across the whole potato, so it can melt right in.  Next, layer the cheese so it has a chance to melt, which is doesn't do on top of cold sour cream!  And lastly, apply the cold sour cream atop the cheese, on both sides of the potato!  I think it is just laziness on the potato preparer's part to not do it this way.  Okay, I am glad I finally go that off my chest.  That is all. As you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment